In order to have a healthy, positive, and thriving environment here at the academy, it requires the effort of everybody. Students, parents, and coaches all play a role. Below are a some rules to follow to help the flow of the academy. Please take some time to review these rules. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to a coach.
- Come to the academy with a positive attitude. Greet your coach with a firm handshake, and warm greeting.
- All students are must wear a Charles Gracie uniform. The uniform must be clean, matching, and properly worn. Refer to our “Don’t Be a Goofball” series for details (www.graciefremont.com/blog) on how to wear your uniform.
- Maintain good hygiene for yourself and the sake of your teammates. Keep all fingernails and toenails trimmed.
- Unaccompanied children are not allowed in the academy during the adult classes. No exceptions.
- Absolutely no shoes on the mat.
- Shoes must be worn off the mat. Including trips to the restroom.
- No water breaks or restroom break allowed, without permission from a coach.
- No food/drinks allowed, except for personal water/sports drink.
- Maintain good posture (kneeling, sitting, or standing) during instruction. This shows discipline and respect to your coaches and teammates.
- Thank your coaches and teammates at the end of class.
- There is no daycare on site, therefore children (including students) must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- All spectators (including children) must remain seated and quiet during class sessions. Allow the coaches to do their jobs.
- Food is not allowed in the Parent Room.
- All students must be dropped off/picked-up within 10 minutes before and after their class sessions.
- Cell phones must be on vibrate, silent, or off. However taking pictures/videos is allowed and encouraged.
- If your child needs to borrow a uniform, there will be a $10.00 charge.
- If you or your child is sick, please stay home. Training can wait until you or your child feels better.
- If you are late, that means your child is late. He/she must wait for permission from a coach to come onto the mats and attend class.